Monday, January 21, 2013

The Long Grey Sweater

Hi All.  I know, it’s been too long since I’ve posted, and I need to get my butt in gear!  I managed to catch that horrible flu that’s been making the rounds, so I was out of commission for almost three weeks.  My sympathies to anyone else who caught it.

All right, enough excuses!  I recently came across a beautiful cream colored sweater in a fashion magazine.  I immediately knew I had to have it (or something similar).  It was actually knit, but I don't have the patience for that these days, so I turned to fabric. Fortunately, I was lucky enough to find a wool blend (washable, yay!) at my local fabric store that has the appearance of a sweater knit.  The other wonderful thing about this fabric is that the edges do not need finishing, as the fabric doesn’t ravel.  I did serge around all of the edges for a more finished look.

I didn’t really use a pattern for this and I totally freehanded the collar.  I’m extremely pleased with it, as it came out almost exactly as I had anticipated!


Not so fond of the side view here.  I didn't realize that if I put my hands in the side pockets, I look as if I'm sporting a baby bump, which is not the case.  

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment