Saturday, December 14, 2013

HOLIDAY PREP

It's that time of year again and fortunately, for the first time in many years, I began to prepare in advance.  I scoured the web for ideas and finally decided that everyone is getting bags.  There is some comfort in knowing that you don't have to deal with sizing or favorite colors.  People love bags, right?  I know the majority of my friends do.  Many of the women I know will actually store an item in a bag in a bag.  Yep, you read that right!

The first three that I made were of canvas.  I washed it first so that it would look wrinkled and worn.  I then embroidered with some designs from Urban Threads.  If you haven't been to this site you, you absolutely must stop by.  It's an embroidery site that wasn't made with your grandmother in mind!  Seriously, check it out.

After that, I got down to some very serious business and crafted a few clutches.
 The clutches on the left and middle were made of leather.  They have a strap that wraps around and closes by attaching to a rivet that is set on the front.  The clutch on the right is a zippered clutch with rounded bottom.  It's made with leftover canvas and lined with men's shirting.

 Unfortunately, I experienced some photography difficulties with this second shot.  The bag on the left is made from printed canvas and lined with 100% cotton quilting fabric.  The clutch in the middle is made from taffeta and decorated with Swarovski crystals.  The clutch on the right is made from leather scraps and seals with a snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment